We are Alike, a CIO registered with the UK Charities Commission with charity number 1181848 of Soho Works, 180 the Strand, London. WC2R 1EA. Alike (“Alike” or “us”, “we” or “our”) is the owner of the Website located at www.alike.org.uk and related URLs (the “Website”).
- These Terms and Conditions apply to your access and use of the Website, whether you are a registered user or unregistered visitor. If you wish to use our discussion forums or message boards, you will also be bound by special terms in addition to these Terms and Conditions. If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and special guidelines, rules and/or other terms appearing on this Website in relation to specific material, then the latter shall prevail.
- Your use of the Website constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions from the date of your first use of the Website and each time that you use the Website thereafter. If you do not agree to, or cannot comply with, these Terms and Conditions, please do not use our Website.
- For all queries, feedback or further information regarding the content on our Website, please contact us on email@example.com; we welcome your views on how to improve our Website.
- The content on this Website is for general information purposes only. It is not intended to replace expert advice from medical staff and you should seek proper medical advice if you have any health concerns. Any reliance you place on the content of this Website is therefore strictly at your own risk. This Website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Alike are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Alike reserves the right to update, add to or delete parts of these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this Website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as modified.
- You agree to use this Website only for lawful, personal and non-commercial purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Website by any third party.
- Without limiting the above, you must not use the Website to: defame, threaten, harass, abuse or otherwise violate the rights of others; interfere with the smooth running of the Website, to impersonate someone else; transmit any viruses or other harmful code or interfere with the systems supporting the Website. We cannot however guarantee that you will not be exposed to such behaviour whilst you use our Website.
- Alike provides this Website free of charge. Accordingly, it does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Alike is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights and proprietary rights in the Website (and content therein including the Alike logo) except where stated otherwise. The content of the Website is protected by international copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior written authorisation from Alike.
- Where Alike is the owner, documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this Website with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Alike. All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
- Alike takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Any link to a third-party site is provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the sites or approve of any of the content. We do not control third party sites.
- Alike does not accept any liability to you for any of the following types of loss which you may suffer as a result of your use of the Website:
a. loss which was not foreseeable to you and Alike when you first accessed the Website;
b. any business loss you may suffer, including loss of revenue, profits or anticipated savings (whether such losses are a direct or indirect result of our default);
c. loss which you suffer other than as a result of our failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Alike does not accept any liability to you if it fails, or is delayed in the performance of any obligation due to:.
a. the non-availability or failure of any telecommunications or computer equipment, system or software operated by you or any third party;
b. any other event not reasonably without our control.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the Website including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non confidential and non proprietary information. By using the Website, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable licence to use such communication or material.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes (including non-contractual disputes) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.